- Sit in a comfortable position. Have a piece of paper and a pen nearby.
- Take 10 deep, long breaths.
- Grab your pen and paper. Without editing yourself, write down every thought you think of. These thoughts can be solutions, feelings, ideas, anything. Write it all out, get it all out of your system. It doesn't have to make sense!
- Take 10 deep, slow breaths.
- Sit still. Keep breathing. Remain aware of where you are. Pay attention to your inner voice, who may whisper a few words to you. If what you hear sounds absurd, don't dismiss it. Take note anyway.
The point of this isn't to come up with a list of solutions to your problem. It's a simple "brain dump" exercise to help you get out of your head so that you can reconnect with your intuition.
Think of your intuition as your personal guide. Your guide knows you best and only wants what's best for you.
Your intuition will always have an answer for you — you may not like some of these answers, but trust that it's for your own good.
If you make the effort to pause amidst the noise, you'll be able to reconnect with your intuition, which can ultimately help you make better decisions moving forward.